Beschreibung


NEWS, WIP (work in process) AND PICTURES FROM MY LATEST KNIFE CREATIONS!

1/04/2009

J.L.D. Prototype #1 finished

The #1 prototype of the Jacked Legged Dog slipjoint is finished. I'm very happy with it, other than needing some minor design changes just to make the look perfectly. Blade steel and spring on this one are 01. The inlay is some unknown cool stabilized wood.
I'm also going with a more traditional nail nick on the next ones. My intention was to have the nick large enough to open one handed. With the spring set to "snap" the blade into the 3 positions, it just cannot be overcome with thumb pressure.

The hardest part is pinning them together. It would be so much easier to do screw assembly. I'm going to make some special pins for the next ones that only require peining on one side. Hopefully that will make the process a bit easier. I really don't want to use screws!
















No comments:

Post a Comment