Beschreibung


NEWS, WIP (work in process) AND PICTURES FROM MY LATEST KNIFE CREATIONS!

7/15/2011

Mammoth Ivory Inlay Mini Skirmish - WIP Pics #2

OK, it doesn't look like I've done much more to the frame.........but I have. All the holes counterbored, pivot reamed, backspacer milled to thickness, stop pin made, pivot made, pivot screw prepped and the inlay holes drilled and tapped. I also took some BEFORE pics of the pocket clip. It gets a lot of work which will be next.

When I finish the pocket clip, I'll also melt the frame and backspacer.

I'm making this one ass backwards as I usually grind the blade last. Today, I wanted to see what it would look like so I did it first. I like to finish the frame almost all the way before I set the lock. That's next as well.

If all the components are prepped correctly, the blade will always be centered when assembled. I like when they just fall into place, dead center without any problems upon the first assembley. Then I know that it will do the same thing during final assembley.




No comments:

Post a Comment